- Be a part of the Los Angeles writing
community of published and aspiring writers, one of the largest in
the country, where you can meet others with similar interests.
- Learn more about the craft of writing
from other members, educators, industry professionals and informative
your visibility and platform as a writer, and therefore your chances
for publication and success, through our outreach at book fairs such
as the Los Angeles TImes Festival of Books, the West Hollywood Book
Fair, Pitchfest, the Southern California Writers Conference, and
more about the business of writing, from query letters and proposals,
to working with agents, editors and publishers.
- Join critique groups to have your work-in-progress
reviewed by your peers, and get constructive comments (our critique
guideliness aim to protect you and your work).
- Learn new techniques to improve your
craft, from getting ideas organized to getting started; from dealing
with writers block to editing your second and third drafts. And much
your work published in The Official Publication of the Greater Los Angeles
Writers Society, newsletters and published anthologies.
- Stay informed about upcoming writer's
conferences, workshops and other industry-related new and events.
- Participate in live discussion groups
and in our online forums where you can share your knowledge and learn
- Get information on the publishing industry,
from print-on-demand to the growth of small presses; from new ways
to self-publish in print and online, and how to find an agent.
- Grow as a writer-in-community in a fun
and exciting environment at our biannual parties, book exchanges,
and open mic forums!
- Post your Profile and Bio (with photo
and links to your website & email) on the GLAWS searchable website
- Get exclusive access to the Member's
Only section of the GLAWS website with forums in your areas of interest,
and additional inside information.
Overview | Requirements
to Join »»