- Be a part of the Los Angeles writing community of published and aspiring writers, one of the largest in the country, where you can meet others with similar interests.
- Learn more about the craft of writing from other members and our informative guest speakers.
- Increase your visibility as a dedicated writer, and therefore your chances for publication and success .
- Learn more about the business of writing, from query letters and proposals, to working with agents, editors and publishers.
- Join critique groups to have your work-in-progress reviewed by your peers, and get constructive comments (our critique guideliness aim to protect you and your work).
- Learn new techniques to improve your craft, from getting ideas organized to getting started; from dealing with writers block to editing your second and third drafts. And much more.
- Have your work published in the GLAWS newsletter and on our website.
- Stay informed about upcoming writer's conferences, workshops and other industry-related events.
- Participate in live discussion groups and in our online forums where you can share your knowledge and learn from others.
- Get information on the publishing industry, from print-on-demand to the growth of small presses; from new ways to self-publish in print and online.
- Grow as a writer-in-community in a fun and exciting environment at our twice-a-year parties, book exchanges, and open mic forums!
- Post your Profile and Bio (with photo
and links to your website & email) on the GLAWS searchable website
- Get exclusive access to the Member's Only section of the GLAWS website with forums in your areas of interest, and additional inside information.
Overview | How to Join | Requirements »»